Here is some information about the details you will need to provide to secure your home. Thanks to our new digital systems; signing up with Ancells is easy and all documents can be uploaded and signed remotely.
You will need:
– References: an employment and character reference (landlord, agent, colleague, solicitor.)
– If you are self-employed, we require an accountant reference in addition to a character reference (landlord, agent, colleague, solicitor.)
– Students will require 2x character references (landlord, letting agent, tutor or employer.)
NB: Every tenant will be asked to supply the name of a UK based homeowner guarantor and pass the ‘Right to Rent Checks’ with valid photo ID. Thank you.
If you have any questions about the above or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Find all our digital forms and document uploads here
• 1x months’ rent is required in advance.
• 5x weeks’ deposit required in advance – unless otherwise advised.
• A holding deposit of one week’s rent is required on all our properties, but please be aware that this is non-refundable should you change your mind, or your reference searches are unsuccessful. If your application is successful, these monies will be deducted from your first month’s rent when you take possession of the property.
For transparency purposes, here are our scale of fees, which are inclusive of VAT
|Charge for Early Termination of Contract||TBC|
|Late Rent Charges||3% per annum above the bank of England base rate that is paid more than 14 days late|
|Change of Tenant||£48.00|
|Change of Guarantor||£48.00|
|Lost Keys/Security Devices||£48.00|
For your peace of mind, we are members of a redress scheme administered by The Property Ombudsman and of the client money protection scheme administered by Client Money Protect